UK’s first Frozen Afternoon Tea in London
Halo Top Creamery and Bluebird Café have launched the UK’s first Frozen Afternoon Tea in celebration of National Ice Cream Month
From July 4, Halo Top Creamery is collaborating with Bluebird Café to celebrate National Ice Cream Month by dazzling Londoners with the launch of the Halo Top Frozen Afternoon Tea. This will be the first of its kind in the UK, bringing a unique twist to a British tradition combining classic cakes with playful ice cream flavours. Available throughout the month of July at Bluebird Café, White City, guests can cool down with the impressive selection of limited-edition Halo Top ice cream delights that have been custom-made.
Halo Top took the UK by storm last year with the launch of its delicious ice cream at only 280 – 360 calories per tub and, most recently, with its new snackable ice cream sticks at 80-100 calories per bar.
Bluebird Café and Halo Top have worked closely to create a special take on the traditional afternoon tea, fusing unique ice cream flavours with classic puddings. Guests can wash the tea down with an extravagant Cookies and Cream Freak Shake with whipped cream and a chocolate slice, or a boozy iced tea for those wanting to spice things up.
Halo Top Frozen Afternoon Tea Menu
- Gateau Opera Birthday Cake – An elegant, sprinkled cake layered with a vanilla sponge and Birthday Cake flavoured ice cream
- Strawberry Cheesecake Stick – Strawberry Cheesecake ice cream stick dipped in white chocolate and topped with dried strawberries
- Cinnamon Roll Royale – An ode to another very special British/American pairing, this Cinnamon Roll ice cream treat is lined with candied apples, piped into a ginger snap cylinder and topped with burnt meringue. Imagine classic American pie flavour in a crisp British ginger snap
- Candy Bar Macaron – A luxe ice cream sandwich in the form of a macaron filled with Candy Bar ice cream
- Cookies and Cream Freak Shake – A mini Cookies and Cream milkshake to wash down all the delectable treats
- Red Velvet Scones – Halo Top takes the classic British scone to the next level incorporating its decadent and all-American Red Velvet ice cream
“We really enjoy finding new and innovative ways to eat more ice cream so couldn’t be more excited to pair Halo Top ice cream creations with afternoon tea,” said Doug Bouton, President & COO at Halo Top Creamery. “Having the chance to put a Halo Top twist on a British classic feels like the perfect way to celebrate National Ice Cream Month with our UK fans.”
Curtis Poole, Head Pastry Chef at Bluebird Café said, “I loved the challenge of bringing this idea to life and putting a unique twist on a British staple, combining Halo Top standout flavours with classic cakes and confections. Creating a playful frozen afternoon tea inspired by the ice cream was certainly a first for me but I think it is a great way of bringing two popular brands together with the end result being an assortment of cakes fusing nostalgic flavours with classic puddings.”
For fans that are unable to experience the Frozen Afternoon Tea, Halo Top will be giving about 5,000 tubs away during afternoon teatime through Deliveroo Editions nationwide during the first weekend of July during the hours of 12.00 until 20.00. With each Deliveroo Editions order, customers will receive a free tub of Halo Top ice cream and a Bluebird Café recipe card, to make their very own Frozen Afternoon Tea at home (while stocks last).